Sikaflex®-522 is a low emission 1-component Silane Terminated Polymer (STP) sealant/adhesive. It has a high weathering and mold resistance. Sikaflex®-522 meets highest EHS standards.
Sikaflex®-522 adheres well to a wide variety of substrates and is suitable for interior and exterior elastic sealing and bonding applications. It is suitable for applications in areas of air ventilation and incidental food contact. Suitable substrate materials include timber, glass, metals, metal primers and paint coatings (2-part systems), ceramic materials and plastics. Seek manufacturer’s advice and perform tests on original substrates before using Sikaflex®-522 on materials prone to stress cracking.
Test with actual substrates and conditions have to be performed to ensure adhesion and material compatibility.
- High ageing and weathering resistant
- High fungicidal resistance
- Very low emission and odor
- Bonds well to a wide variety of substrates without the need for special pre-treatment
- High color stability under UV
- Isocyanate, solvent, phthalate free
- Meets hygiene requirements for ventilation and air-conditioning systems and units according VDI 6022 Blatt 1:2011-07
- ISEGA certificate for foodstuff area usage
- EC1+ certificate